Apexis Products And Technology Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apexis Products And Technology Forum

In order to let everybody know apexis products and services, and help everybody in the use of apexis network camera products issues.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Remote connection to Camera help Apexis Netwideye 300

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xtripo

Remote connection to Camera help Apexis Netwideye 300 Empty
PostSubject: Remote connection to Camera help Apexis Netwideye 300   Remote connection to Camera help Apexis Netwideye 300 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 10:16 am

Please help with the following:
I had the camera set up at home on a wireless network. Everything works fine and I can acees it on iphone, firefox and internet explorer. When I leave home, nothing works. It only works at home. As far as I understand, it needs to be set up for remote networking. How can this be done? Please help and I'm not the only person who has this question.
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Remote connection to Camera help Apexis Netwideye 300   Remote connection to Camera help Apexis Netwideye 300 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 6:26 pm

I think you didn't set the DDNS successfully.

Apexis provide a free factory DDNS for each camera, this is very convenient for customers, the only thing you have to do is setting the port forwarding in your router, then it will work.

bounce
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Remote connection to Camera help Apexis Netwideye 300   Remote connection to Camera help Apexis Netwideye 300 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 6:34 pm

If you could tell us the router model, would be better.

Back to top Go down
xtripo

PostSubject: Re: Remote connection to Camera help Apexis Netwideye 300   Remote connection to Camera help Apexis Netwideye 300 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:20 pm

Actually i got it to work. You are right, the router needed to be set up. Now i have another problem. I'm able to log in from my iphone by using safari, or using the apexis app. I cannot log in from my work computer though. I tried firefox and IE. Is it possible that I cant use the work PC because they use a firewall?
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Remote connection to Camera help Apexis Netwideye 300   Remote connection to Camera help Apexis Netwideye 300 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:06 pm

You can use the same DDNS link in your work PC, what will happen if there is firewall?

Picture blocked? or black screen?

If in this case, please enable the ActiveX in IE options, and if possible, shut down the firewall, would be excellent.

bounce
Back to top Go down
Tracy

PostSubject: Enable Active X   Remote connection to Camera help Apexis Netwideye 300 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:40 pm

for enable active X: open IE, in the tool-internet option-choose safe-customize-then enable every option of Active X.
Try to do this step by step. Wish this helps you.

Nice day!
Tracy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remote connection to Camera help Apexis Netwideye 300   Remote connection to Camera help Apexis Netwideye 300 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remote connection to Camera help Apexis Netwideye 300
Page 1 of 1